The St Alphonsa of the Immaculate conception Cathedral also known as St Ignatius Church is the cathedral of Syro-Malabar Catholic Eparchy of Great Britain, and was previously under the Diocese of Lancaster. It is situated close to the Preston city centre, with the entrance on Meadow Street. The building was opened in 1836 and was the first church in Preston to have a spire. Since January 2015, the church has been used as a cathedral for the Syro-Malabar Catholic Church. In 2016 Pope Francis raised the status of the church to that of cathedral and appointed Mar Joseph Srampickal as the first bishop.
|Parish||: St Alphonsa of the Immaculate Conception Cathedral|
|Address||: St. Alphonsa of the Immaculate Conception Cathedral|
St. Ignatius Square,Preston, Lancashire, UK, PR11TT
|Parish Priest:||:Rev. Vargheese Puthenpurackal|
|Mobile||: +44 7703422395|
The Syro-Malabar faithful residing in the Archdiocese of Liverpool established 7 mass centres across the Archdiocese. His Grace Most Reverend Malcolm McMahon, Archbishop of Liverpool offered the community the Our Lady Queen of Peace Church at Litherland and the facilities around it as a gift, to be used as a permanent place of worship. Under the leadership of Fr Jino Arikkatt, the first parish priest of Our Lady Queen of Peace Syro-Malabar Catholic Church Litherland, Liverpool and with the support of His Excellency Mar Joseph Srampickal, the community was formed as a parish.
|Parish||: Our Lady Queen of Peace Church, Litherland|
|Address||: Our Lady Queen of Peace, Kirkstone Road West|
Litherland, Liverpool, UK, L21 0EQ
|Parish Priest||: Rev. Andrews Chethalan|
|Mobile||: 0044 151 352 0269|